[BEDA 4/30] Learning how to play D&D (dnd)

 I was thinking about what I possibly could write today, so I think that I never talked about D&D, or Dungeons and Dragons RPG.

Previously I didn't know much about D&D, one friend of mine in 2016 showed me her dice once, this was a totally different world. I didn't imagine the world of possibilities and how big is the universe. I am glad that now I can learn I play it! 

Since October last year, I discovered that there is a group at the place where I study that plays a lot and they are really awesome and into it. 

I am just a beginner, and I didn't know exactly how to do my character properly one of the masters helped me (Thank you Alex!) or what die to use and when to use it. Anyway now I have my own set of dice (they are beautiful!), I will take a picture when I make my knitting bag for it.

I am really enjoying playing. I didn't play so often but I want to play more. Actually, my character is level 4. Not so much high but it is a nice character to play. I will write about my ideas of characters and try to imagine and create some histories for them.

About the characters, I imagined two different ones. One is a Paladin, but I didn't play enough with her, because I felt that I was too dumb to play with a Paladin being a beginner, so then I created a Barbarian, and she is the one that I am playing now. 

I will try, in the future, to create a Rogue or Ranger but  I don't know if I will like to play with it. But first I want to improve my Barbarian. 

I will read the D&D player manual to understand better what I am doing because sometimes I really don't understand how or what the possibility of my characters is. 

I want to learn how to draw them, to create an image for my imaginary character, give them personality and body, shape, do you know? It is a dream to learn how to draw in a way that my character could become real. It is one of my dreams, I think I need to do a book of my dreams, as much as a Book of regrets, to try to achieve them, and clear the regrets as well. 

About the whole experience, it is really nice to play with some different Dungeon Masters (they are the 'Gods' of the game, who control the enemy and know here the possibilities of the map and history) it is really cool to see how the session of playing change depending of who is being the Master. I enjoyed it a lot when there were puzzles, exploring and some battles as well!

This month I will try to participate in 2 sessions with 2 different Masters, if my character doesn't die, I will try to write about it here, during the BEDA challenge.

I am really enjoying learning how the universe works and how I can be a different character! This is really cool and I am very excited about it. 

About some tips, to create the characters we use dndbeyond.com as a platform to keep them saved and organized, it is good but some features didn't work really well on the mobile app.  There is the possibility of using virtual dice on the platform but for me, it lost one of the best feelings of the game, of rolling a die and getting one 20 using the D20.

 To help to learn some YouTube videos are talking about D&D.

The player book that I speak before is this one but I don't have it, maybe in the future I will borrow the physical copy to read or buy one. 

I will talk more about D&D in the future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Turtle, my learning process

My Hogwarts house changed!

About Start and a Warm Welcome